Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tbc jerseys?

Question tbc jerseys?

hey everybody! Quick ? do MLB Turn back the Clock game worn jerseys have year tags etc?
    Or are they different then regular gamers?
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Ryan

Banned

Re: tbc jerseys?

For the most part they are different and don't have year tags etc, there are exceptions. The Tigers TBTC jerseys from June 2nd and the Negro League jerseys from their game against the Royals on July 21st have no year tags as an example.

Both the Detriot and KC Negro League jerseys from the July 21st game were made by ASI and do not have a date stamp but do have the MLB hologram.
    John

That is correct. Although I am not sure if the Royals or Tigers Negro League jerseys were autographed this year. I am still waiting for mine.

I have noticed (as I own one and have seen countless others) that Mitchell and Ness not only puts the year on their TBC jerseys, but they have the entire date under the Mitchell and Ness tag.

I have seen others made by companies like AIS that do not bear any date or year identifiers... Rawlings definitely didn't year tag, and I don't think Majestic does either.

I think it comes down to who manufactured the TBC jersey for the MLB team. Most of the manufacturers don't, but a select few (notably M&N) do.

No Set/Year Tags on the Tigers TBTC and Negro League Gamers......they do have the MLB Authentication and are NOT autographed this season as numerous collectors complained last year that they did not want them autographed so this year they were very aware of us collectors and did not have the guys sign em.....kudos to Steve Graus for that!

Did you get any of the jerseys? If so, when you look them up on MLB.com, do they say who wore them? I noticed on the auto'd jersey it says who auto'd them. Just curious. I have two coming my way, and the cool thing is that Steve said the jerseys came right off the players backs and are unwashed! Has anyone had any stinky jerseys?

Despite the fact that there are no set #'s or year tags, from what I understand, they only made 1 jersey for each player and the MLB authentification will explain when the jersey is from.

authentification.....that's probably not even a word.... its been a long morning...sheesh!

Brian,

I have a bit of experience here, and my best assessment is that MLB authentication is pretty haphazard at best.

I had in my possession 6 Texas Rangers 1962 throwbacks from the 2002 season, most of them coaches jerseys. Included were: Terry Francona, Jerry Narron, Rudy Jaramillo, as well as players like Kevin Mench, Herb Perry, etc.
    I recall that when I checked MLB auctions, many of these were listed as
    "Game worn jersey, player #11," etc. The same holds true for Atlanta Braves 1974 throwbacks from the same season. I had a couple of these too... there was a discussion on this board about "player #24." Also, I have had about 4 or 4 of these jerseys as well, of which MLB authentication failed to name the player in about half of the instances. I have also seen instances where MLB authentication has labeled "game issued" jerseys as "game worn" and vice versa.
    I think that the system is a very positive thing for our hobby, and I certainly feel comfortable buying items that come with MLB authentication...but it is not a perfect system and could use a tweak or two.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Also, I have had about 4 or 4 of these jerseys as well
    Looks like "authentification" is not the only blooper in this thread!! It's contagious...