Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bonds sig on Ruth ball

David Wells got Barry Bonds to sign a baseball with Babe Ruth's signature on it. Wells paid $7000 for it. Would you have Bonds sign it?

Re: Bonds sig on Ruth ball

No

I would love to be there to see what happens when Wells approached Hank Aaron to add his signature too!

That ball is forever tainted just like the record that is about to broken!

-David

Irrelevant to what one thinks of Bonds, adding a $100 modern signature to a $7,000 vintage signed ball lowers the value. Collectors pay top dollar for single signed baseballs of folks like Cobb, Ruth and Ott. If you had added a Mickey Mantle to a single signed Ott, that would have lowered the value.

Banned

I think Wells doesnt care about the value of the ball. But I think the ball would be a original and would be worth a whole lot of money. Its almost impossible to get both signatures on one ball. The next signature on the ball will be Arods

Banned

Let's see, Bonds

- lied to his wife;
    - lied to his girlfriend;
    - lied to the IRS;
    - but is totally honest with MLB.

But this is America and he's innocent until proved guilty.

Jim

Banned

No, I would not have had Bonds sign it. I'm not a Bonds fan...not because of all the steroid controversy. I can care less about whether someone does steroids or not. But I think Bonds is a selfish person and a jerk. I would have been a Ruth fan back in the day if I was alive when he played because he was a great embassador for the game of baseball. Always seemed like he had a minute for the kids to sign a ball or make conversation. Plus I'm not a fan of getting multiple signitures on baseballs.

Aaron

For someone who has a Ruth signed ball and wants a Bonds signature to go with it, the standard advice from an autograph veteran would be to buy a Bonds single signed ball.

First, he ruined a Babe Ruth game worn hat by wearing it during a game many years ago, and now he ruined a signed ball of his.

While I'm not a fan of adding a modern signatures to a Ruth ball, I must admint I have never seen a Ruth/Aaron/Bonds ball and one might not exist (yet). In particular as the ball belonged to Wells and he got two signatures (if that's his plan), there would be buyer interest in it.

It also should be noted, that Wells is a fan of Babe Ruth-- so he doesn't do these stunts to spite the guy.