Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
3arod13,

Let me see if I can answer this for you. Before I posted this story, I explained the entire situation to Eric and after some thought, he ok'd the post.

The issue is that I purchased a "game used related" item from a forum member and there was a legitimate, documented problem with it. It would be the same if it was a bat, jersey, etc. Since many members here purchase bat racks for their displays, I felt that it was a post relative to our hobby and was worthy of being posted for any member who planned to do business with this forum member. Since my post, this forum member has stepped up and agreed to take care of the issue. I truly appreciate his responsible way of handling it and that's why I posted this updated information. I dont really think that you can compare my post and yours. They are different as XPFO explained.

I take no joy in flaming a fellow member and that's why I asked Eric first. In so much that it is his site, he can allow, delete, modify etc any post that he deems necessary.
Makes sense. And I agree, "In so much that it is his site, he can allow, delete, modify etc any post that he deems necessary," however, he must be consistent and fair across the board.

My situation was simply asking a question to the forum about a bat on ebay. Everyone does this. I simply asked the forum what their thoughts were. It was then the GUU member saw my question and sent me a threatening email.

Here's how I would have handled it if I were GUU. I would have contacted the GUU member who made the threat (based only on my question to the forum) and advised him that GUU members have the right to ask questions to the forum, and in no way was my question an attack against him to warrant such a threat. Especially when I provided proof (emails) of this threat. Remember, the GUU member saw my question in this forum and then emailed me with the threat.

At a minimum, I would have been satisifed with that. However, it seemed GUU didn't really want to deal with it and downplayed it.

Look, I'm a very respectfully person. I get alone with people well. I did not warrant the threatening attack by a GUU member for posting my question in the forum. I provided proof to GUU of this threat and I feel they could have handled it better. I got the feeling he was being protected and justified, than being held accountable for his actions/threat. To me, that's the bottom line.

I enjoy this forum alot. There are many heated battles at times in this forum. I did not warrant being threatened by a GUU forum member for posting my question. To me, that's the bottom line.

Regards, Tony