Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bonds Homer Reaction

Watching Barry Bonds' 756, then watching Hank Aaron's on-screen response was a "collectible" moment. Aaron showed the humility for which I have loved him for years. And Barry showing love for his late father--a human reaction from a usually distant person. Great all the way around. I'd love your reaction.

And by the way--I have an Aaron signed ball that I would not trade away for anything--not even Bonds' long ball.

Re: Bonds Homer Reaction

I am not the biggest Bonds fan but I have to admit that watching the Homerun live on tv was great.
    Congrats to Barry until AROD breaks the record.

I have no problem a great moment all the way around..

I was there, pretty cool moment, high fives around. Growing up you always see the clip on Aaron hitting it and then running around the bases. Tonight I was part of history (until ARod breaks it), which is pretty cool, even if I think Barry is a jerk.

It was very exciting. When the ball went up into the air I woke up the whole house screaming and yelling in excitement of the homer. Great moment for me, Bonds, the Giants, and major league baseball.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I was there tonight. Didn't have the greatest seat, but saw him hit the ball and saw it sail out of the park. I was pleased with Aaron's message, he's definitely the better man. A great man who is truly to this day underappreciated.

btw, after barry hit it, half the fans left when he was taken out of the game!

very memorable and exciting moment - very happy for the guy, his family, giants' fans and those that were there to enjoy it. one heck of a career bonds!

Some of you may not know this trivia but Mike Bacsik who gave up the HR 756 is connected to Hank Aaron also. Mike's dad pitched to Hank Aaron in a game after Aaron hit 755. Aaron went homerless in the game against Mike's dad going 1-2. Of course if Aaron homered in the game against Mike's dad, it would have been HR 756.

Now for the opinions, I have a Bonds 2007 BP bat signed by Barry with all of the holograms. Should I get Mike Bacsik to sign and inscribe the bat? I am a Nationals season ticket holder so I can get it done at the ballpark.

What do you think?

Thanks. Andrew

If I were lucky enough to have a bonds gamer from this year, I would leave it alone and not have it dually signed. It makes the bat look "busy", like a Jackson Pollack painting In the end it is up to you though- whatever makes you happy - Joe (the guy always looking for royals mientkiewicz bats)

Banned

Andrew, hard question. Personally, I would have the pitcher sign the bat.

As for the moment, the people who were cheering were/are true basseball fans. They were cheering for the part of history they were witnessing and certainly NOT the person who happened to hit 756.

Aaron is still "da man".

Jim