Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

when signing "game used" - do players themselves really know for sure what their signing?

As you look at this picture of Ryan Howard signing this batting helment, with a yellow sticky stuck to it letting him to know how to sign it "2005 ROY GAMER," doesn't it make you wonder if Howard himself even knows for sure or even cares if this is his 2005 ROY GAMER?

I realize that many players do multiple signings; have many items put in front of them with notes on how to sign things; and for only a short period of time, but do you think they even care what they're signing, as long as they're getting paid?

Do players put a lot of trust in these promoters that what they're signing is legit?

This picture really bothers me and makes me wonder.

Regars, Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: when signing "game used" - do players themselves really know for sure what their signing?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    As you look at this picture of Ryan Howard signing this batting helment, with a yellow sticky stuck to it letting him to know how to sign it "2005 ROY GAMER," doesn't it make you wonder if Howard himself even knows for sure or even cares if this is his 2005 ROY GAMER?

I realize that many players do multiple signings; have many items put in front of them with notes on how to sign things; and for only a short period of time, but do you think they even care what they're signing, as long as they're getting paid?

Do players put a lot of trust in these promoters that what they're signing is legit?

This picture really bothers me and makes me wonder.

Regards, Tony
    Added larger picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: when signing "game used" - do players themselves really know for sure what their signing?

Everyone has their own ethics, I'm sure players differ on how they handle these situations.

Is this picture from one of those marketing companies like ESM,ASI,LRM,etc?

Banned

I know that when Elite meets up with their athletes it is the athletes that bring the gear with them, and the promoter only provides the balls/photo's to sign. It is quite possible that the yellow sticky on that helmet was one that a specific customer reserved in advance and that is the inscription that they wanted put on the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Is this picture from one of those marketing companies like ESM,ASI,LRM,etc?
    aimgauctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Phillies-Ry...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
    I know that when Elite meets up with their athletes it is the athletes that bring the gear with them, and the promoter only provides the balls/photo's to sign. It is quite possible that the yellow sticky on that helmet was one that a specific customer reserved in advance and that is the inscription that they wanted put on the helmet.
    Makes sense. I've also see post with pictures of athletes signing items with a stack of blank LOA's in which the player signed. Anything can be added after the fact. Just curious.

I have been to the Phillies team store a few times and they said that they do not sell Game Used items.
    Also I talked with the guy who works the Game Used Stand at the BallPark and he told me that he has never seen them sell a Ryan Howard Game Used item at all.
    I will email the seller of the Ryan Gamer and see what he has to say.

The Seller emailed me back about the Howard Game Used Helmet and said.

They used too.

Yes at the Phillies Phestival this year at the live auction they had a Ryan Howard game used jersey and a game used bat usually every year they have a Howard game used item at the live auction.