Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Alarming news about Mastro's UNC Jordan shirt

Eric,

Since you have Doug Allen's phone number, when you get back into town, why not call him and ask him to explain that FB helmet issue you had in the spring? The one where they changed the facebar and didn't tell anyone?

Ken

Ken-

I already spoke to Doug via email many times about that issue with the winslow helmet.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

The story has been picked up by the New York Daily News. Much of the investigation is credited to this site. Here is a link to the piece.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=10331
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

rose14,

given doug allen's disregard of the issues pertaining to the darrell griffith jersey (see: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5233 ) , i wonder if his actions and apologies for this jordan debacle were really motivated by the attention from the ny daily news and the fbi. after all, on the griffith jersey allen refused to go against lou's opinion regardless of the overwhelming evidence. however, with the jordan shirt doug had no problem immediately disregarding lou's opinion. is doug's support of lou dependent on whether the fbi gets involved?

ever since sammy davis passed on, it's been a long time since i've seen a song and dance this good.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

Nice Work! I'll take that as a challenge...

King, I am glad this is getting attention and maybe Mastros will put integrity over the all mighty dollar and finally quit using Lou Lampson. In regards to the Louisville Griffith jersey, I never spoke with Doug Allen as all of my converstations were with Brian Marren.

What I am mistified about is Doug Allen's response on why MEARS would not sign off on the Jordan shooting shirt, "I mistakingly thought your lack of comfort was due to the fact that you were not comfortable with writing letters on items that fall so far outside of the mainstream as opposed to substantive concerns about the actual item" What the hell is that? It's funny that Doug was still not aware of this even though Dave Bushing and Troy Kinunen sat and ate at the same table with him and Bill Mastro at the live auction before the auction even started. I just wonder what was going through Troy and Dave's mind while they sat in the back of the balcony at the House of Blues while the fake Jordan jersey was selling for $11,000.

The amount of ass-covering taking place relating to this jersey is awesome.

Makes you wonder where they came up with the vintage material for the numbers, etc. There are some pretty crafty forgers out there.

Off the subject but, grandpahoo, I got your message and it appears that you're not set up to receive replies. In any event, the Herman Moore gamer you inquired about was sold last year. Sorry, but keep looking, they're out there!

Fantastic work by GUU! My question is why would anyone still do business with Mastronet? I know I am boycotting them, that's the only way things are going to change.

TJ

I had to put my boots on while reading the threads about this forgery and the explanation on NOT receiving MEARS letter .
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...