Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Private message settings

The pm's are one of the very few aggravating technical issues I've encountered here. I wish everyone would make an attempt to turn their settings on and if for some reason they do not wish to receive pm's they could just put a tag line below their posts that says "my pm's are turned off"

My bigger issue is that we cant sign in and find a way to remain logged in. I wish that there was a little check box or a timer or something that allowed us to stay signed in whenever we visit the site.

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The pm's are one of the very few aggravating technical issues I've encountered here. I wish everyone would make an attempt to turn their settings on and if for some reason they do not wish to receive pm's they could just put a tag line below their posts that says "my pm's are turned off"

My bigger issue is that we cant sign in and find a way to remain logged in. I wish that there was a little check box or a timer or something that allowed us to stay signed in whenever we visit the site.

Jim
    Lots of issues with this board, no edit option, recent posts are sometimes on top, usually on bottom, odd inconsistency... heck I couldn't even PM Eric for Pete's sake.

Agreed. The no-edit thing is a huge headache sometimes.

yeah I forgot about the edit feature - I'd love to have that too.

Hey everyone-

Regarding the edit feature- We decided it should not be enabled because when it was, it was being abused. People were making reckless comments and then going back, editing them and claiming they never did anything wrong.

If there's anything you need edited, you can click "contact forum moderator" and let us know.

Not having the edit feature also hopefully would cause people to take that extra second to double check their comments or facts before posting, since they're permanent.

If you need to get in contact with me, I'm at ecky3@aol.com
    Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric - I understand the reason that you stated. Most of my mistakes seem to be spelling errors that I dont catch right away. Any chance you would consider enabling it again?

Jim

I'm happy to make any fixes on spelling errors for you. Shoot me an email when there's a problem.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I'm all for tidy posts, but no way should an edit feature be added.

I'm sure the majority of the posters here are honorable individuals, but let's not forget this is board is a forum for sports memorabilia. This hobby is littered with thieves, liars, con artists, etc. We see examples of blatant deception posted here daily. If someone has no problem selling fake gamers for thousands, I don't think they'd think twice about rewriting their previous posts.

The private message option never seems to work. If I'm trying to contact someone, I simply search their user name and hope I find a post where they left contact info.

Also, when I read the posts while not logged in, they go 1-10. But when I log in, they appear 10-1. Annoying, but I'm used to it. I simply log out immediately after posting.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I'm all for tidy posts, but no way should an edit feature be added.
    Agreed. I have seen other message boards, where a disgruntled member goes back and deletes all of their posts and takes his ball and goes home.

Spelling? How about subject/verb agreement. The ever popular apostrophe "S"...the difference between it's and its. They're, their and there...

Angry Private Message Settings....AGAIN!!

I can't be any more emphatic about this:

EVERYONE, check to make sure your settings are so that you can receive private messages!

Once again, someone has sent me a message to which I typed a long and detailed reply only to find that the individual cannot receive private messages. Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time this has happened I could put a nice downpayment on another game used jersey for my collection.........not kidding, at all.

So, check into it, fellas, 'cuz it's beyond annoying.
    Let's get those settings adjusted accordingly.