Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2007 All Star Game pitcher's mound/MLB Auctions

MLB Auctions currently has an auction for the pitchers mound used in the 2007 All Star Game. There are differences though in the mound in the auction and the mound that was on the field. First, there appears to be plenty more dirt on the mound that was on the field, the one in the auction would show much more use on it. And second, when looking at some pictures from the All Star Game, I don't even see the All Star Game logo that is on the mound in the auction. Thoughts?

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...aunbr=86063730

Re: 2007 All Star Game pitcher's mound/MLB Auctions

i don't understand how mlb could auction off an entire pitcher's mound - i mean what on earth would something like this weigh and how in the world would someone go about shipping it? further, i would think the thing would crumble apart when trying to remove it but, who knows, perhaps mlb mounds have large plates beneath them which make them easy to remove/replace.

whatever the case, i think this sets a very bad precedent as far as sports memorabilia auctions are concerned - i mean what's next? base paths, warning tracks, the entire infield turf? i just don't like it. : )

MLB will auction off commemorative ptching rubbers and home plate from special events. They are usually used for pregame ceremonies. Don't be misled into thinking that you're bidding on the pitching rubber used for the entire game--i think that they would describe it as such
    pjb

Banned

I believe that the pitching rubber they are auctioning off was used for the ceremonial first pitch or pitches.

it may have came from the bullpen