Hi Ya'll,

I'm confused! I checked the bat player chart at this site earlier in the week and thought I saw where Eddie Mathews ordered some 34", 32oz. S2 bats in the mid-1950's (I think it was either 1955 or 1956). I seem to recall that one order was for an all-star bat and the other was for regular season bats. Based on that info, I just won a 34" S2 Ed Mathews bat on ebay (item #8829655966). The seller said that a "generous hobby expert" suggested the bat is from 1960-64. Based on the width of the REG US PAT OFF stamping and the location of the 125, I believe the bat is from 1950-60. You can probably now see why I was willing to buy this bat - I thought I discovered a 1950's Eddie Mathews pro model bat that matchedsfactory records for length.

So, naturally I decided to re-visit the Ed Mathews bat player chart and print a copy to keep with the bat. Much to my surprise, the 34" S2 bat order no longer appears in the chart. Finally, here's my question. Was the bat player chart for Eddie Mathews revised sometime within the past week, or did I just mis-read the chart earlier in the week?

Thanks,
Kevin