Bonds authentic is currently being investigated by federal authorities. I discovered this seller when looking at his supposed game used Utley Phillies bat currently listed on ebay. I own an MLB authenticated Utley bat purchased directly from the Phillies. I noticed differences in his bat vs. my bat. I contacted MaxBat, the manufacturer and it turns this scoundrel ordered 50 bats from MaxBat pretending to be an agent for minor leaguers. He ordered the model bats of Utley,Ryan Howard, and Albert Pujols with only the Model number engraved. He promised to have the minor leaguers name and team engraved below. Instead, he had the major leaguers names engraved and appropriate team. If you look at the Utley bat, http://cgi.ebay.com/CHASE-UTLEY-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem
the Philadelphia Phillies engravement which is under Chase's name is longer than the 3 inches which is the measurement that MaxBat uses for all of the lines on the barrel. This line is obviously longer than my MLB bat and the italics are definately different.
Jim Anderson, of MaxBat has contacted the feds in referenence to bondsauthentic who's real name is Robert Weitzner. Ebay has also been contacted by Mr. Anderson, but as expected did nothing about it. All of this guys auctions are private so I can't contact each bidder, so if you or someone you know has bid, CANCEL IT.