I am a Dodgers fan along with the Angels and Padres, I know So Cal raised and born. Here is my thought you all have seen STAT balls signed by players and Jerseys embroidered with a players career stats so how about this. As players switch teams usually a few times having a players team stats not career stats written by me on the bat (from his playing days with that team) and then signed by that player. It is hard to explain so I will give you an example:

Say I buy a game used bat of Ron Cey when he was playing with the Los Angeles Dodgers (1971-1982) and I write on the bat:

DODGER STATS
228 Homeruns
842 RBI's
.264 Average
6 time All-Star
1981 World Series Champion and Co-MVP

and then I have him sign the bat what are your thouhts on this. This would create a cool bat that represents his achivements with that team and collectible by a fan of that team but would decrease the interest from any other team he played for in Ron Ceys case the Cubbies. What I am trying to find out is do you think I have ruined the said value of the bat? I would do this for my own personal collection but I thought it would be interesting to see other members thoughts.

Of course you could only do this with retired players.

Thank you
Richard