Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

just wanted to start a thread of your favorite player and what you have as far as game used items of that player. mine is buddy bell, which moved into gus bell, buddy bell, david bell, mike bell and rick bell. my dad pulled me out of 1st/2nd grade to go to meet the cleveland indians at general electric day back in 1977/1978. i met buddy and he talked to me for about five minutes about fielding ground balls etc... for a 8-9 year old hearing a player tell you what to do was gospel. keep your butt and glove down, set, make a strong throw so here i am nearing 40 with a bunch of game used stuff, still keeping my butt and glove down. (though my back hurts more and my arm is as strong as a twig).

i still need to add a detroit tigers jersey and a kansas city royals jersey to the collection. some of the highlights are a 1963 milwaukee braves gus bell jersey needing to be restored. a 77 and 78 cleveland indians jersey, 82 84 rangers jersey, 86 reds jersey, 89 astros jersey, david bell indians and phillies jersey. a bat signed by the bell family gus,buddy, david and mike. two 1982 all star bats one from rawlings? and one louisville slugger, a 1976 bat plus various others.

so who do you collect and why?

take care
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images