I wanted to start a thread to offset the worst experience thread because it seems most of what we hear lately is bad about athletes. Don't get me wrong, the other thread has some incredible stories in it and I am really enjoying it. But I would also like to hear the good about the guys we collect. Some of my favorite players I collect because they are NICE guys which makes it easier for me to spend my hard earned money on their items. And for the record, I am a guy going on 40 who collects autographs for the enjoyment, I won't sell an autograph I got for free.

For instance, I am a huge Adam Vinatieri fan (even though he went to the Colts ). I have met Adam on 3 occasions, each time after a game. Every time he has taken the time to sign, shake hands, take pictures with and talk to EVERYONE who wanted to. The first time I met him, I thanked him for being a good guy and caring about us fans. He then thanked me for being a great fan and for comming to the game. That left an impression on me.

So the third time I met him, I had on his jersey I bought just because I knew he would sign it for me. Well after 2 plus hours of trying to catch him outside Foxboro stadium, I was about to give up. By chance I stopped in the parking lot and asked some other collectors if they had seen Adam. One said he was just about to leave and drive by right where we were standing. When he drove by I ripped open my jacket and hollered "PLEASE SIGN MY JERSEY!" He drove by, saw me in the side mirror, and stopped. He signed for a few others through the window of his truck, but when it came to me, he got out of the truck, signed my jersey, asked if I would like a picture with him, shook my hand and thanked me for being a fan of his. My best friend who was with me and is a Dolphins fan thought I was crazy wanting a kickers autograph. Well, about 4 weeks later, he kicked the game winner in the SB against the Rams.

Because Adam has been so nice to me everytime I have met him, I have tried to collect what cards and autographs I could of his. One of my prized possessions are his game used gloves from the AFC Championship against Pittsburgh in 2005. No, they are no helmet or jersey (I'm small time compared to most of you), but still something game used and something that brings me a ton of enjoyment because I know what a good guy Adam is.

So please share any good experiences you have had with athletes.