I wanted to update everyone on my continuing saga with Elite Sports Marketing. Several weeks ago I purchased a game used Adam Dunn glove from Elite Sports Marketing. I then received a call from Scot of Elite Sports Marketing, who informed me the glove came in with no use and I would not want it. I asked him to send me photos of the glove and he said yes. Of course, I never received the photos of the glove.

The next thing I know, Elite Sports Marketing sells the Adam Dunn glove to another collector on this forum. I do not fault the other collector.

My credit cared statement came in the mail last week and contained a charge from Elite Sports Marketing for the glove. I then e-mail Elite Sports Marketing about why my credit card was charged and why was my card not credited for an item I never received. In typical Elite Sports Marketing fashion, I never received a reply e-mail from Elite Sports Marketing.

I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. I now have to send the credit card company all of this paperwork to support my position of not receiving the glove.

IN MY OPINION, I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM ELITE SPORTS MARKETING. IF I HAD SENT ELITE SPORTS MARKETING A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, I WOULD PROBABLY NEVER SEE MY MONEY REFUNDED. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PAID FOR THE ITEM WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS......[/I][/B]

Scott