Many of you know that I'm only 23, and I have been only actively collecting game-used stuff since last August. I got my first piece of game-used memorabilia at an Astros vs. Braves game in 7th grade. My Dad took me to the Astrodome back in 1998 as a belated birthday present, and he bought be a Bagwell cracked gamer, which we had him sign before a ballgame. Similarly, I acquired a game-used baseball from Bagwell in 2003 in Arizona, when the Astros came into Phoenix to play the D-Backs. Now, I feel like I am taking an active interest in the hobby, and Bagwell collecting in specific. Bagwell is my favorite player, but I do have a Hunter Pence AA game-used baseball bat.

My question to you guys is: what would you recommend to me at this stage in my collecting career? Do you agree with the one-player focus, which I have largely limited myself to because of cash constraints? Would you collect only a certain game-used item (like cleats, for example)? As you could have figured out by my postings, game-used cleats are my favorite items to have of players. I thought it would be fun to pursue a game-used cleats collection, but I have difficulty finding them. What did you guys collect when you were young, as far as game-used? Has your game-used collecting focus shifted through the years? What would you recommend to a college kid like me who wants to enjoy the hobby?

Thanks for reading this.