Items like this make me wonder if a MEARS LOA is worth any more than a Lampson! is. At the Cleveland National, there was a dealer with a PILE of correct Mondesi, Stewart, Koch and other Blue Jays jerseys...the Mondesis even had custom sleeves! I bought a bunch, sold 'em as "authentics" and made a few bucks. Other people bought a bunch, sold 'em as either "game issue" or "game worn", and made potloads of money.
Now, here, most likely, is one of those jerseys, listed as "game used" with a MEARS letter that says "light game use." Anybody want to tell me what "light game use" is supposed to mean???
In 2001, the Jays used the same fabric for their jerseys that the Orioles did (and still do). It pills like no tomorrow if you look at it funny. Any notation of that on this jersey? None that I saw. And where, oh where, is the strip tag that should be in the collar? And, how about a Blue Jays LOA, the only one you should really trust on Blue Jays jerseys?
Every day, I get closer to selling off my collection, and getting out of this stupid, corrupt hobby. I'm really getting fed up. Anybody got a reason why I shouldn't bail? I'm waiting...
Mark Sutton
bigtime59