Hello folks, I just got a couple of emails that I thought I'd share with forum members. The emails reference a company called Spanjian who provided jerseys for HS, college and some professional teams. Below are the emails. They have been edited because some content is not relevent to this thread.

I was a roommate of Mark Spanjian in college and workd at the Pasadena plant in the summer of 1971, the first year that Spanjain made the uniforms for the Colts. The day foreman wore Johnny Unitas' jersey almost everyday. I had a picture of myself in Bubba Smith's jersey which had more of the jersey on the flor than on me because it was so huge. Thats also the year that Spanjian opened its new plant just outside San Diego.

I also got this email:

I was actually looking for information about Mark Spanjian and what happened to him after Delong bought the company. I know the company was sold quite sometime ago. Myself and another friend from Pennsylvania spent the summer of 1971 with the Spanjian family and worked at both plants. We all went to school in Philadelphia. They were very generous people. I striped football pants with that new plastic type paint, the same as was used on the jerseys. The full time guys did the jerseys. Was interesting. The numbers were screenprinted on all the jerseys using numbers cut from paper. The name panels on the shirts were done with tackle twill lettering. The colts pants still had braid stripes, so i havd nothing to do with them.

Spanjian designed the first uniforms for the San Diego Chargers, which are pretty much the same today. Also the Phoenix Suns, with the star burst on the side, and the Philadelphia Sixers at that time. They didnt do much for the pros because it wasnt cost effective and everything had to be custom fitted. Like today, there were some athletes you couldnt please no matter how many times you fitted them.

So they concentrated on high school and colleges and did very well. Had most of the big name colleges back in the 70's.

If any member has a specific question about Spanjian items, please post a thread and I'll be more than happy to forward any questions.

Jim