As many of you know, I was subject to a vulgar, sexually explicit, and verbally abusive email at the hands of a mysterious brewcrew82_1@juno.com. Thanks to those of you who wrote me and expressed your support and sympathy, as well as your desire to help out. With the aid of a forum member with a computer science degree, I confirmed my suspicions that the sender sent the mail from a fake IP address. This is not a hard thing to do and requires no special devices, as was speculated last night. I believe that I know who the sender is, but I am awaiting confirmation as to the identity of this person - I will make it known when it definitively becomes available.

Today I received a second sexually explicit email. In it, it used very sexist and condescending language to refer to A-Rod's wife, seemed to have inside knowledge about Bagwell's sex life, and told me in graphic terms how ugly I am. It also insulted Seattle, the town I call my home. I was also repeatedly called a lesbian and demeaned; the second email has also been forwarded to the moderators. What's bizarre is why would I care about an athlete's sex life? I mean, I can't pass judgment on them, because who knows what I'd do if I were blessed with great athletic talent and beautiful people of the opposite sex hounding me.

However, in the meantime, I wanted to warn you about the risk of having your contact information public. I have been a member of GUU for just over a year now, and I am not on here all the time. This is the first time I have had this problem. However, please recognize the dangers of having your information public on this forum; not everyone is respectful of other people's right to receive only respectful and civilized correspondence. It is nice to know where to turn if you want to get ahold of someone. However, with that privilege comes a responsibility to treat people with decency. I am going to leave my contact information public for a little while, with the hope that these emails would stop.

And to the person writing these emails - you read this board - there are more mature ways of handling your disagreements with my baseball opinions, political views, and dislike of my personal appearance. Girls are more than their physical appearance. I make no claim to be beautiful; I just hope I would be respected as any other member of this community. So feel free to keep contacting me if you have respectful things to say. And again, to that insulting person, you should be man enough to come on this board, say who you are, and publicly apologize.

-Frik