I have a Willie Stargell bat I obtained from a neighbor who frequently deals with athletes in his line of work (manages a golf shop). He claims he was given this bat by a former minor league player that was a friend of Stargell, and that the player told him Stargell had played in the post-season with it. I know it is impossible to verify the post season play, but I'd love to be able to pinpoint the approximate time frame the bat could've been used by "Pops", if indeed this is one of his bats.

It is a slightly dark-blonde 125 Louisville Slugger that says "Powerized" above the label. On the signiture spot it has a fascimile signiture "Wilver Stargell" with "Genuine" and "U1" above, and "Louisville Slugger" below.

The bottom 13" or so of the bat is slightly darker shade, which I believe is from tape which has since been removed, but no pine tar stains from what I can see. It doesn't have a knob at the end of the handle. Instead it is smoothed and slightly thinker at the very end where the knob of the bat usually is. I've seen photos of Stargell batting with his pinky finger below the bat, so maybe this is how he ordered them. There is no "8" written on the bottom of the knob, however.

Apart from the above, there are some small knicks on the handle here-and-there, and what appear to be seam indentations on the sweet spot of the bat (label up for a lefty). On the other side of the bat (sweet spot, label down), there are some faint dark stains, possibly from tapping the cleats.

I'd really appreciate any help on this one. It's a beautiful bat and brings back so many childhood memories of the home runs I saw Stargell hit at 3 Rivers. Thanks!