Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Fake!!! Brett Favre Gamer On Ebay

As always, I search the 'bay' frequently for gamers and here's one that caught my eye.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230325940809

The seller is asking $750.00 for a replica, made up to be a game jersey. After photomatching this jersey to numerous pics of Brett from the '93 season, I cannot believe that anyone would ever consider this to be 'legit'. I made up some photo's showing the numerous discrepancies I found:

1) The 75th Anniversary patch is way off. You can see in the pics of Brett that the patch is located directly below the #4 on his sleeve. The tip of the #4 is centered to the 'G' in the 75th Anniversary patch. In the eBay jersey the #4 is way off to the right.

2) Right above the 93-46 tag in the collar you can clearly see where someone has very poorly removed the jerseys original neckline size tag (which more than likely was a size 52-54 based on the size of the jersey in question)

3) The eBay jersey has full spandex sides. It appears that Brett's '93 jerseys only had spandex directly under the sleeve opening. You can see in some of the other pics as well that Brett did not have spandex sides in '93.

4) The nameplate on the eBay jersey is much larger than the nameplate that Brett actually had on this '93 jersey. His gamer looks to have only an inch or two on the sides of his name and the eBay jerseys nameplate goes all the way across the back of the jersey.

5) The Starter Tag on the front of the jersey is completely wrong as well. The eBay jersey has Proline Authentic on the tag along with the Starter logo. His gamers just had the Starter Logo.

Need I write more? I guess it's another case where some joe gets a hold of a collar tag from some random game jersey and wants to make up his favorite jersey into a gamer. I will be in contact with the seller once I post this thread, and I'll keep everyone posted as to what I get as a response.

I would love to hear what you guess think. All comments or ridicule are welcome.

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game Used
    Attached Images Attached Images