Hi group

Wondering what to do. I enjoy reasearching my own vintage material and it can be full of highs and lows. Low case in point.

1) I recently bought at an estate sale a baseball signed by all the umpires from the 05-15-81 Len Barker perfect game he pitched as a Cleveland Indian vs. the BlueJays Len Barker has even signed his name and perfect game and dated it.

Here is my problem:

All the umpires I contacted agree that it is there signatures but refuse to say it is from this game. they say "maybe" or "will not comment" Even Len says "probaly" but no one is willing to put the nail in the coffin on this one. Does anyone else have this problem? I want to docuement this baseball before everyone involved passes on. (I thought this would be easy with the 81 season being so short due to the strike)

Anyone else have this problem? I hate to have a maybe when the baseball has clearly met this requirements

1) game used

2) correct vintage baseball

3) correct signatures

I guess maybe 25 yrs is a long time to remember things. Hell, I would be happy to get just a yes or no answer instead of "not sure" or "probaly"

Jason