Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Game Used Home Run Baseballs See List

Quote Originally Posted by orioles03 View Post
    watch his youtube channel looks like he caught the soriano hr lastnight pretty cool

That is correct ...thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Z-RSCaUfk

I'm not trying to stir up anything here, this is just an honest question. Does anybody here think any of these baseballs are worth $500?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    I'm not trying to stir up anything here, this is just an honest question. Does anybody here think any of these baseballs are worth $500?

lol , that why they are $500 or best offer.

and probably half I wouldnt sell for less than 500 .

Kind of rude gatorcollector to make that statement like that
    out of the blue in my thread though .

Anytime someone says " not trying to stir up anything " you KNOW
    that is exactly what they are trying to do !!!.

As to 33bird , I completely agree as to " HR balls really have nothing on them to verify it's absolutely theirs." that is why I go through the effort
    of documenting them the way I do. Too bad there is not the availability to photomatch like with uniforms and bats. Although I do have quite a few
    home runs in which I have video of the catch ( my personal camera ) where I show the ball. Can't get better than that !!

Back to Gator , if you think none of these balls are worth 500 than you would be absolutly floored at some prices I have sold balls for .....especially 3 figure batting practice hr balls

Normally I would ask that Gators comment be removed , but in this case I will let it pass . I want to make sure Karma sees it

Banned

Both gatorcollector and 33bird made legitimate comments and asked legitimate questions, which you answered, although there was no need for the personal swipes, the karma comment, or the desire to have gatorcollector's post removed. Too bad your oversized ego that makes you believe than anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with you is part of a smear campaign gets in the way.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Well said Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Both gatorcollector and 33bird made legitimate comments and asked legitimate questions, which you answered, although there was no need for the personal swipes, the karma comment, or the desire to have gatorcollector's post removed. Too bad your oversized ego that makes you believe than anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with you is part of a smear campaign gets in the way.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

lol...ok Dave . I bet most would disagree . Please tell me the legitimate question ? I can't find it . Imagine if you were at a show , and had your table set up ...and had some buyers looking and asking questions...then someone shows up and says " Does anyone think these balls are worth this much ! .."oh and im not trying to start anything " .

Tell you what , I bet if that happened in person and not behind a computer screen there might be an altercation .? Dont ya think.

And just becasue you are sore that I refuse to sell balls to you doesnt give you Dave the right to continually bash me to others in print and in person. You say your sorry , that your sick and have personal issues and you wont do it again and then you do ! wtf ??

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    a collectors items is only worth what someone is willing pay for it.

taking a hypothetical big-time collector of fred mcgriff and comes across this homerun baseball of his favorite player by a ballhawker. you dont think he might consider forking over $500 for a homerun from his favorite players. its not like alex rodriguez hr baseballs that are more likely to be saved and later sold be whoever owns it. there are other avernue to find homerun ball for arod. but this may be the only homerun ball of fred mcgriff that the collector has ever seen. and the ballhawk has video of him catching it. if the mcgriff collector offer $400 and the seller refuse, i give it 50/50 chase that he goes to $450 or $500 to get that baseball.

to each his own i guess.

actually i was debating on whether to post because i think this section should be for the seller to sell his/her items. not a place to belittle items that someone is trying to sell.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

This is why the mlb authentic HR baseballs go for such a premium.

What HR # is the McGriff ball?

I just wanted to say that I purchased a Frank Thomas baseball (HR #327) from Dave and the experience was one of my favorite yet. The presentation of Dave's balls (please hold your laughter) only adds to the display value in my opinion. I found his price to be fair and reasonable as well as honest. I recieved a copy him catching the ball as well as his paperwork to accompany the HR artifact. I am glad to see Dave posting again on the forum and hope that some other collectors get the opprotunity to add a unique item to their ever growning collection.

Thanks Dave and good luck.

wade