let's see if i am missing something here. collect.com has a 1978 george hendrick game used jersey in their current auction lot # 267. this is sports collects digest new auction site and this is their first auction. i like to collect cleveland indians and former cleveland indians which is why i am interested in it.

http://www.collect-auctions.com/LotD...aspx?lotid=281

i know nothing about san diego padres jerseys but i did some quick research on ebay. george hendrick played for the padres in 1977 and some of 1978 before traded to the cardinals. it looks like the padres had a different uniform font in 1977 based on topps 1978 trading cards. i looked at the 1978 san diego padres fun center cards which i assume are from 1978 and there is a patch on the left hand sleeve, auction uniform is missing this. also the front of the jersey says 'san diego' above the padres, auction uniform is missing this. i can see names on the back of the jersey, auction uniform is missing this and has no possible room for it.

i requested a photo of the tag and sent an email with the above information and have not received a reply yet.

just curious am i missing something or have my years messed up? any more info would be great. it is possible this was sent down to the minors?

thank you
john