I am a Mets fan and I am not associated in any way with the Tigers. But I am amazed how organized and accessable the Tigers are in promoting their game used items(Most affordable,not all). I once reached out to them for a Andy Van Slyke G/U coaches jersey and ever since then I've received e-mails informing me of items available and soon to be available. During the season contact is almost every other day. This last e-mail prompted me to post this thread. Today,among other things offered, is a ball pitched by Greinke on 7/8/09 in the 5th inning and fouled off by Inge. Amazing. Who's assigned to catch these?
Again I'm not associated with this but I sure wish other teams were as well organized and prices set affordably (Well,except the HR balls) as Marc Himelstein seems to do with the Tigers.
Todays e-mail offering:

Subj:Tigers Date:7/13/2009 10:22:09 AM Eastern Daylight TimeFrom:Marc.Himelstein@detroittigers.comSent from the Internet (Details)

Good morning everybody. The Tigers are in 1st place at the All-Star Break. We have 4 All-Stars and things are looking up for the second half of the season. I have some game used baseballs from this past week that I would like to make available to you. If you are interested in any of them, please give me a call. Thanks. I hope you enjoy the HR hitting contest this evening.

July 8, 2009
Ball pitched by Zack Greinke to Miguel Cabrera in the 4th inning. Pitch was fouled off.
Ball pitched by Zack Greinke to Miguel Cabrera in the 4th inning. Pitch was fouled off.
Ball pitched by Zack Greinke to Clete Thomas in the 7th inning. Pitch was fouled off.
Ball pitched by Zack Greinke to Brandon Inge in the 5th inning. Pitch was fouled off.
Each ball is $50

July 11, 2009-Negro League Tribute Day
Each game used baseball is $35

July 12, 2009-Justin Verlander won his 10th game of the season, Inge hit 2 HR and Clete Thomas was a single away from the cycle.
Each ball is $50 each

July 12, 2009-All three Home run Baseballs that were hit yesterday. Clete Thomas and Brandon Inge back to back HR and the second Inge HR. I am offering these three baseballs as a set for $1200.

Marc Himelstein
Authentics Manager
Comerica Park
2100 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
marc.himelstein@detroittigers.com
(P) (313) 471-2064
(F) (313) 471-2297