Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Wells Blasts "Juiced" Bonds

Does anyone realize what was just displayed above? Bonds admitted to using steriods-but not knowing he did. Well,how long did he use it unknowingly? Take that length of time and subtract HR's(as well as strikeouts)and whats the total? If I get extra money in my paycheck(and didn't know it)-I'm not guilty to a point-but I have to pay excess money back. Right? You bet your ass I'll be paying it back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    Does anyone realize what was just displayed above? Bonds admitted to using steriods-but not knowing he did. Well,how long did he use it unknowingly? Take that length of time and subtract HR's(as well as strikeouts)and whats the total? If I get extra money in my paycheck(and didn't know it)-I'm not guilty to a point-but I have to pay excess money back. Right? You bet your ass I'll be paying it back.
    Dream on, he wasn't breaking Bud's rules if he did take any drug that affected his play. Baseball didn't outlaw the use of Steroids (with enforcement) until what, last season?

A season is a season, Barry Bonds has tied Babe Ruth's career home run total and he may break the all-time Major League Baseball record set by Henry Aaron.

Life will go on, and nothing will be done about it.

Joel,

And possession of and/or use of steroids without a (legitimate) medical prescription is now (and was when Bonds' career started) a federal crime. I'm not really sure how defenders of Bonds can keep trying to say that the rules of baseball override those of the federal government in regards to defining what is and is not a federally-mandated felony.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    Joel,

And possession of and/or use of steroids without a (legitimate) medical prescription is now (and was when Bonds' career started) a federal crime. I'm not really sure how defenders of Bonds can keep trying to say that the rules of baseball override those of the federal government in regards to defining what is and is not a federally-mandated felony.
    Ok, let me know when Ferguson Jenkins will be removed from Baseball's Hall of Fame after his run in with marijuana and we can talk some more about drug use in America and in Major League Baseball.

Otherwise, don't waste your fingers typing a reply, because you are telling me a guy who abused marijuana during his playing career is ok to be a member of the Hall of Fame, but a guy who used another illegal drug should be hung by his balls and maybe even have his arms chopped off because he will hit more home runs than The Babe?

Nice double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Ok, let me know when Ferguson Jenkins will be removed from Baseball's Hall of Fame after his run in with marijuana and we can talk some more about drug use in America and in Major League Baseball.

Otherwise, don't waste your fingers typing a reply, because you are telling me a guy who abused marijuana during his playing career is ok to be a member of the Hall of Fame, but a guy who used another illegal drug should be hung by his balls and maybe even have his arms chopped off because he will hit more home runs than The Babe?

Nice double standard.
    Federal law is not the point here, did pot make Jenkins a great pitcher?....NO, did gambling make Rose the all time hit king?....NO, did steroids help Bonds hit homers?........still thinking........YES!!!!! Bottom line, whether innocent or not, whether he knew it or not, Steroids gave Bonds an unfair advantage over Ruth or anyone else, and the almost 1000 more at bats didn't hurt!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN
    Federal law is not the point here, did pot make Jenkins a great pitcher?....NO, did gambling make Rose the all time hit king?....NO, did steroids help Bonds hit homers?........still thinking........YES!!!!! Bottom line, whether innocent or not, whether he knew it or not, Steroids gave Bonds an unfair advantage over Ruth or anyone else, and the almost 1000 more at bats didn't hurt!!!!
    So hang the black man because he has more at-bats, nice argument.

Oh and by the way, who knows if pot made Fergie a better pitcher or not, you and I are not ones to judge which drugs are acceptable. If that was the case, Bonds' drug was not on the baseball list of illegal drugs while Fergie's drug was against baseball's personal rules. Keith Hernandez said in 1980 when he was hitting .390 that cocaine made the baseball look like a beach ball coming to the plate.

So hang the black man because he has more at-bats, nice argument.

Oh and by the way, who knows if pot made Fergie a better pitcher or not, you and I are not ones to judge which drugs are acceptable. If that was the case, Bonds' drug was not on the baseball list of illegal drugs while Fergie's drug was against baseball's personal rules. Keith Hernandez said in 1980 when he was hitting .390 that cocaine made the baseball look like a beach ball coming to the plate.
    Joel, you just try way too hard for this guy (Bonds). He ain't worth it. And, um, please don't make this racial. That's way too cheap. And besides didn't George just stick up for Fergie Jenkins? Let's see, what color was he?

[quote=trsent]So hang the black man because he has more at-bats, nice argument.

Oh and by the way, who knows if pot made Fergie a better pitcher or not, you and I are not ones to judge which drugs are acceptable. If that was the case, Bonds' drug was not on the baseball list of illegal drugs while Fergie's drug was against baseball's personal rules. Keith Hernandez said in 1980 when he was hitting .390 that cocaine made the baseball look like a beach ball coming to the plate.[/quote

Now, now, let's not cherry pick!! The specifics of this thread is Bonds and the home run record!! It's not about which drugs are acceptable, it's about which one's help you hit homers. Bonds is the flavor of the month, we can address the other cheaters as broken record's come up. Give the Babe another 1000 at bats and that's another 85-90 homer's... important don't ya think!! Just another Barry homer diluting agent.... I know, I know, what about Aaron? let's stick to the flavor of the month remember ..Barry "Cheater" Bonds. ......By the way, let's keep it quiet about Kieth Hernandez's cocaine making the baseball look like a beachball story. Barry might be reading!!!! Barry on steroids and watching a beachball comming at him!!!....POW!!..STRAIGHT TO THE MOON Alice!!!

Nice double standard.
    I'm fairly certain that smoking dope does not enhance your game (makes you sluggish and hungry...eat bad food...get fat). I'm fairly certain that taking steroids does (increased muscle mass...quicker recovery time from injury). Yes, a double standard applies here, because, if the evidence we've all seen is correct, Barry Bonds took performance enhancing drugs for the specific purpose of setting the all-time home run record.
    A double standard does apply here, just like it does to the deliberate sale of fake "game used" merchandise...and well it should.
    Barry Bonds was a much more interesting player, to me, when he was a slender 30/30 guy than he is in his current, bulked-up, freak show incarnation. I've no wish to remove any of his body parts. I just wish he'd go away...

Groundhog day.