Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Hunt Auctions - Payton Professional Model Jersey

I am having some problems with this Payton jersey and was looking to get some insight from the vintage experts and maybe, verify my thoughts on this piece.

I rolled around on Getty and came up with a couple of photo's from various dates in the 80's to give a general idea of my concerns. The offered Payton is represented as a Mid 80's so I tried to include as many examples of Payton from the '80's as possible. I also highlighted some key points that I wanted to make in the images that I provided. Here are the things that I am concerned about:

NAMEPLATE: Comparing the offered Payton to random Getty images I immediately noticed the way the letters in the nameplate aligned with the numbers. It appears that the 'N' in the nameplate should line up with the long leg of the #4 (or be inside of that leg). The offered jersey has the 'N' on the outside of that leg on the #4.

FONT: The letter 'Y' in the Getty images appears to be a different font/style than the 'Y' that is on the offered Payton. Also the 'GSH' memorial letters also appear to be in a different font.

SPACING: The spacing between the letter 'Y' seems to be smaller/tighter to the other letters on the offered jersey, whereas, on the Getty images the spacing between the 'Y' is greater between itself and the surrounding letters. Also, there seems to be more space between the nameplate and the '34' on the back of the jersey. On the offered jersey it appears that the nameplate is much closer.

NUMBERS ON THE SLEEVE: The offered Payton shows that the number '34' that is affixed to the sleeve is placed very close to the top pin stripe and the seam in the shoulder. The provided Getty images indicate that there was more spacing between the number '34' and the top pin stripe and the shoulder seam.

If you would take a look at the provided images and submit a response as to your thoughts and opinions, I would appreciate it.

Below are the provided images.

Attached Images Attached Images