Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Getting Tape And Glue Off Jersey...???

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Be very careful with that Goo Gone! It will leave an oily residue, and if its a white jersey it will show for sure.
    I was under the impression he was going to try to remove the residue and then wash the jersey. I don't think Goo Gone will stain if the jersey is subsequently washed. I heard Goof Off is good for removing autographs so it may work on tape residue too. I have never used it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I was under the impression he was going to try to remove the residue and then wash the jersey. I don't think Goo Gone will stain if the jersey is subsequently washed. I heard Goof Off is good for removing autographs so it may work on tape residue too. I have never used it.

Would it work on signed baseballs - with permanent marker or point pen?

Got some regretable signatures on some commemorative baseballs ....

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post

I'd say Goo Gone would probably leave a stain if used on a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post

I would not recommend GOOF OFF for removing sigs on a baseball. The general properties of the hide used in baseballs allow the ink to penetrate into the material. The amount of GOOF OFF you would have to use to get a clean look would just ruin the baseball.

I guess you could try it on a baseball you have laying next to your glove for catch and see how it works, but just don't go tearing off on a collectors item.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I would not recommend GOOF OFF for removing sigs on a baseball. The general properties of the hide used in baseballs allow the ink to penetrate into the material. The amount of GOOF OFF you would have to use to get a clean look would just ruin the baseball.

I guess you could try it on a baseball you have laying next to your glove for catch and see how it works, but just don't go tearing off on a collectors item.

Thanks for infos.

Guess I can give the ball away to some kid who will appreciate the signed baseball. Hopefully, I dont have to explain who's who on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post

If the jersey is going to be washed, then yes, either will work. I've used that goo gone stuff on the stickers you get on new NFL shirts and it would always leave a mark where I used it. After I washed it it was fine.

That's why I suggested something alcohol based. That way it won't have to be laundered since the liquid used to remove the tape residue will just evaporate.

There's also an extra stength Goo Gone, that is more like Goof Off. I've used that to remove glue residue along with Goof Off. Use outdoors. I washed the jersey not long after cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    There's also an extra stength Goo Gone, that is more like Goof Off. I've used that to remove glue residue along with Goof Off. Use outdoors. I washed the jersey not long after cleaning.

Potent stuff ain't it?! LOL. I get 'the look' from the wife every time I use that stuff in the house.

Great Point - USE OUTDOORS!

Potent stuff ain't it?! LOL. I get 'the look' from the wife every time I use that stuff in the house.

Great Point - USE OUTDOORS!
    Yeah, a little strong. I just leave the jersey on the garage for an hour or so and the smell is pretty much gone.

I've recycled a few white Steelers retail jerseys and the numbers leave a black shadow. Takes a little work, but this stuff will clean them up. Have also removed NOB residue that was decades old.

Thanks Gang, since this is a Game used jersey I am not going to wash it since it shows good use, the jersey is black, sox 1993 the glue/tape remains is on the back of the jersey....probably wil try alcohol and if doesn't work go with goof off