Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
The problem with the Goode bat is Wilbur Good doesn't have an "E" in his name. There are a couple Goode's, but apparently there is a tobacco card of Wilbur Good spelled Goode and that proves this is a Wilbur Good bat. And of course he has a fuzzy picture of Good using THIS bat.

All of his auctions are comical from the LOA's to claims of players using the bat from the auction in the pics to his incoherent responses.

According to a response to one of my questions, of course not posted on the auction. "I offer a 30 day money back guarantee." Which tells me the seller is TSA.
5K -

Not only that, but in the Q&A Joel posted, he gives himself away as well:

Q: I assume you are using Vince Malta's book, "A Complete Reference Guide Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats" as your source for saying Lou Gehrig didn't order any bats in 1924. Read page 44, the factory shipping records logbook from 1924 is lost. Since Gehrig signed an endorsement contract with Hillerich & Bradsby on October 15, 1923 (this info is also in the referenced book,) it would seem highly likely that he was in fact ordering his own signature model bats from them in 1924. Instead of asking others to prove your bat was not used by Gehrig, what evidence do you have to say it WAS? Feb-15-10

A: In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me: Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book. However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat. So what im trying to say is that this book was indeed a major source may i say major but by no means the only source. Even though the factory shipping records logbook is lost from 1924 what about 1923 his first year with the N.Y. YANKEES. This cant be found in this book either so what does one do when H&B bat factory records are incomplete or nonexistent. Well there are various fhotos of the era from 1923 including magazines,newspapers and sporting goods public catalogs. Which by the way i am reminded of what "JOE ORLANDO president of psa" said NOV 8, 2004 in a press release regarding that "babe ruth" bat that sold for over 1 millon dollars. He said "our experts also had to evaluate other pertinent documentation this included 1920s era newspaper articles,photographs and other material supporting its provenance that this was the bat used by babe ruth to hit the first home run in the inagural game at Yankee Stadium on april 18, 1923" his words exactly. I provided several pictures although i have many more just ask showing "LOU GEHRIG" in N.Y. Yankee Stadium on 6-16-1923 his ROOKIE year with the Yankees using this exact same bat 5 months before 10-15-1923 which is when he signed his H&B endorsement bat contract. On 6-16-1923 "LOU GEHRIG" did not have an H&B endorsement contract he did however 5 months later on 10-15-1923 so what bats did he use in 1923 his ROOKIE year with the N.Y. Yankees. thank you
- Chris