Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Banned

Stampings on Louisville Sluggers from 1980-1983

Hello,
    I have been asking myself this question for sometime now and I would like to ask you all what you make of it. I have 3 game used bats from the time period of 1980-1983 BIG 125 Louisville Sluggers. As you can see that there is 3 different stampings found on them. You start with the top two bats and you notice that the Powerized stamping is angled downwards and the bottom bat's Powerized goes upwards. So that was 2 different stampings. Now here is the third stamping notice the the top bat and where the 125 is located in the midle circle. You see that the dot over the I in Louisville is under the 2 in the 125. Now look at the bottom two bats and the dot on the I in Louisville is between the 2 & 5. Why so many different types of stampings. Is there any way to tell if a bat is from certain year in the time period these stamping were used in 1980-1983. Can you tell if a bat is from say 1981 not 1982? I have many bats like these 3 with the different stampings. Lookfoward to seeing what you think....
    Attached Images Attached Images