Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
Many collectors have good reason for spending so much on certain items. I wont speak about other collectors, but i will explain a few of my purchases.

As I collect David Justice, most of the time I am willing to overpay on certain items that i know will be hard for me to find else where. I see game used bats every day, and i know what they have been selling for in the past. Those are the one thing i will be mindful about and will not overpay.

When it comes to jerseys, hats, fielding gloves, batting helmets, etc... I will overpay to a certain amount.

I have looked up many of his jerseys that have sold through online auctions. Most expensive one ive seen has been around $500, while the norm is usually $200-$300. I overpaid a little bit on my Indians jersey with no regrets for a price of $500. I bought my world series gamer for $1500 which i thought i got a great deal on, especially since the seller was originally asking for $3500. The reason i will overpay on these items is because i know how hard it is to find them. These are not things i come across very often and when i see them i jump at the opportunity.

(i hope i stayed on topic)
out of curiosity which series did you get one from? dave was in so many. that is a good price regardless. yankee coaches jerseys went for more than that this year.