Hello all... it is basically T-36 hrs before I embark on my annual Mecca to Cactus League Spring Training - or as they call it at my work, my Annual Spring Training Sabbatical.

I am driving to Phoenix (oldest brother's house) on Thursday (Mar 18th) from Denver and will attend my 1st 2010 ST game on Friday (Mar 19th) at Surprise Stadium - Indians (ss) vs Rangers.

I will then be driving to Tucson Friday afternoon to see my other two brothers and my mother and attend the Sat (Mar 20th) game at Hi Corbett Field - Angels vs Rockies.

Back to Phoenix Sat afternoon and catching a Sun (Mar 21st) game - either at Surprise Stadium - Rockies vs Royals, or at Maryvale - White Sox vs Brewers.

Staying in Phoenix Sun night and catching a Monday (Mar 22nd) game - one of the following:
Surprise Stadium - White Sox @ Royals
Scottsdale - Rangers @ Giants
Goodyear - Rockies @ Reds
Maryvale - Dodgers @ Brewers

Then check into Hotel on Monday afternoon and pick up wife and son at Sky Harbor on Monday evening. At this point, all bets are off as to what games I will or will not see the rest of the week - probably mostly morning auto chasing and then sight seeing, etc with the family.

We will be seeing at least two games while they are here with me:

Wed (Mar 24th) at Surprise - Cubs @ Rangers as MLB Network will be there filming the Rangers segment of 30 Teams in 30 Days and (if I can talk the wife into a 'double header'), either Peoria - Mariners @ Padres (night game) or Phoenix Muni - Dodgers @ Athletics (night game) then down to Tucson for them to see my mom and brothers.

Then on Thurs (Mar 25th) at Hi Corbett Field - Reds @ Rockies as MLB Network will be there filming the Rockies segment of 30 Teams in 30 Days.
Back to Phoenix Thurs afternoon.

Wife and kid fly out Sunday evening (Mar 28th) and I am debating leaving to drive home that afternoon/evening or staying for the Monday game at Surprise - Rockies @ Rangers as I always see at least one Rox/Rangers game each ST and then leaving after the game and driving 1/2 way home and getting home on Tuesday the 30th.

I also plan to find time to visit the new Cactus League Museum in Mesa as well as most of the fine Sports Cards and Collectible shops in the Phoenix area. I was amazed to see that there are THREE (YES 3!!!) Sports Card Shows in the greater Phoenix area the weekend of the 19th to the 21st as well!

Here are a few of the 'Raw' items I plan to get signed while at ST (I will post follow ups and pics as I get them):

2008 All Star Ball - Josh Hamilton

2008 All Star Jersey - Josh Hamilton

2009 All Star Ball - Josh Hamilton (being shipped to my brother's house)

2009 All Star Jersey - Josh Hamilton (being shipped to my brother's house)

2009 Rockies GU Home Vest and Pants - Jason Giambi

Sept 1, 2009 Rockies Ticket(s) - Jason Giambi (Giambi's 1st Game as a Rockie) - NO PIC

2006 Rockies GU Batting Helmet - Clint Barmes

Rockies Mini Mitt - Troy Tulowitzki

Sept 8, 2009 Rockies Ticket (my seat) - Eric Young, Jr (His 1st MLB HR which I recovered!) - NO PIC

Xpress 34 BLUE Jersey - Nolan Ryan

Xpress 34 WHITE Jersey - Nolan Ryan

Texas Rangers BLUE ST/BP Hat - Nolan Ryan

Texas Rangers 'Stitches' Jersey - Various Rangers

I have other items (cards, balls, etc) that I am taking, but these are the 'Prime' items I'm looking to get done this year...

I'll post again Thursday when I leave and when I get there if there are any 'exciting' things that happen along the way...

19 Days 15 Hrs 25 Minutes until Rockies Opening Day!!!

- Chris