Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

I just got this baby today, and it's going to look nice on my wall! Ok, so many of you will not get too excited about a common 1984 Seattle Mariners jersey. But I think this is a real looker, especially in person. Vibrant colors, great embroidery, and a classic style (this came from a private collection, not the now-famous Mariners team find).

It's fun doing a little research on the things you own. This jersey is tagged set 1 for 1983, but Jack Perconte, whose name is on the back, did not join the club until the following year. I thought it might have also been worn by Tony Bernazard, who wore the number 14 for the M's in 1983, but there is no evidence of a nameplate change. Perconte is obviously the sole wearer of this shirt, which shows moderate use. 1984 was also Perconte's best year in the majors, batting .294 with 29 stolen bases.

Perconte's uncle Frank was a member of the 101st Airborne Division during World War II and is a featured soldier in the Band of Brothers series.

If any of you have a favorite "common" jersey and/or story to go with it, I'd love to hear it. This thread is about the love!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com