Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
Tnt I actually have to disagree with you on this one. I will tell you why. Sometimes when I am selling items I will be at my computer to watch people bidding on my stuff ( More so just for fun and curiosity to see what happens ) If a few people bid on an item and it goes up considerably and if I have more than 1 available right after the auction I will send out a second chance notice to hopefull get a second sale.

So if your the person outbid it may seem strange but it could actually just be the seller is right there and saw you were out bid and has more then one available.
I understand your point -- I have done that before myself... items like McFarlane figures, etc... It's easy to do this when it is possible that the seller may have a duplicate... but I was referring to an antique rug, in a specific condition, with specific defects. There is no way possible that there is an exact duplicate of this item in the world, let alone owned by the same person. Hence, the high bidder would have to have become a "non paying buyer" in record time. That was red flag #1.
Red flag #2 was placing the cursor over the link to purchase the item and the link was not on the ebay domain.