I am quite unhappy right now. I've had at least half a dozen pleasant transactions with members of this board, and have asked even more folks for advice (to say nothing of learning more about them on Facebook, LOL!). But now...for the first time...I've been taken for a ride.

I sent mlbforeverhomer (Clayton Lemmons) payment for a game worn jersey on November 14. He said he would mail it out that day. He didn't. I checked back with him on November 18 and he replied on Saturday saying he would mail it out on Monday, November 21. I then emailed him on Thursday, November 24, and he responded that he would be mailing the jersey out on Friday, November 25.

Poof, no jersey today. No tracking number sent. I should point out that I live in San Antonio and he is in Houston. I know I am never going to receive that jersey, and have requested a refund twice. He now will no longer reply to my emails.

And no, I have no recourse through Paypal. I sent payment as a gift despite my better judgment telling me otherwise. I've contacted Paypal to flag his account but unless he does the right thing, my money is gone. You'd think I would have learned not to trust ANYONE but I truly believe that most people are decent human beings. Clearly I was mistaken.

Clayton, I don't want the jersey. I just want my money back. Do the right thing. This is ridiculous. You can't get to a post office but you're able to get on the internet so be an honorable person and send me a refund. I am not afraid to take further action if necessary.

I hate calling people out but I feel I have no other choice. Thanks to some of my fellow forum members for giving me advice on this subject...I sincerely appreciate it.