Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Ethics on asking for photo match help....do you agree?

I agree 100%. if someone asks for help with a match for the sole purpose of reselling/selling an item, for a profit then the "matchmaker" should get a small fee/token of their appreciation.

It takes time to photo-match these game used items. Just ask my wife!!! On saturday night I spent over 3 hours watching the 2nd half of the 1994 49er-Charger regular season game, trying to matchup only 2 jerseys! I managed to come up with definitive matches for my Deion Sanders, Eric Davis and Bryant Young gamers. Thats over 3 hours watching half of a football game just to match 3 gamers. The funny thing is that I already knew that these 3 shirts had been worn in that particular game!!! I cant imagine the time it would take to match up jerseys where it is unknown what game or season they were worn or if the film tape or images are scarce.

Whenever I ask for matching help, I always offer a reward. For the last shirt that I asked for help (TO Bengals worn vs. Steelers on MNF last season) I paid the member 50$. I still hope that the match is real as that shirt was acquired via JO! I have no reason to believe it is not but with all of this "stuff" going on who knows.

If anyone wishes to help me with some photo-matching please email me and I will offer between 25-100$ for a match depending on the difficulty of the match. I have a shirt right now I would love some help with so if anyone is interested shoot me an email!

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

I try to help out any way I can, I used to do it for anyone asking. I also keep EVERYTHING I put on here and I appreciate the guys who have to come to my aid in making my Avila collection, If it wasn't for them I couldn't have got them inscribed like I did. That being said, I dont purchase enough for it to be worth the money for MLB tv. When I get more of a full time lawyer gig and I can purchase multiple Items a month, I will definitely purchase it to enhance to collection in the future.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I agree 100%. if someone asks for help with a match for the sole purpose of reselling/selling an item, for a profit then the "matchmaker" should get a small fee/token of their appreciation.

It takes time to photo-match these game used items. Just ask my wife!!! On saturday night I spent over 3 hours watching the 2nd half of the 1994 49er-Charger regular season game, trying to matchup only 2 jerseys! I managed to come up with definitive matches for my Deion Sanders, Eric Davis and Bryant Young gamers. Thats over 3 hours watching half of a football game just to match 3 gamers. The funny thing is that I already knew that these 3 shirts had been worn in that particular game!!! I cant imagine the time it would take to match up jerseys where it is unknown what game or season they were worn or if the film tape or images are scarce.

Whenever I ask for matching help, I always offer a reward. For the last shirt that I asked for help (TO Bengals worn vs. Steelers on MNF last season) I paid the member 50$. I still hope that the match is real as that shirt was acquired via JO! I have no reason to believe it is not but with all of this "stuff" going on who knows.

If anyone wishes to help me with some photo-matching please email me and I will offer between 25-100$ for a match depending on the difficulty of the match. I have a shirt right now I would love some help with so if anyone is interested shoot me an email!

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

I'm kinda new to this whole photomatching thing. I am new here but been on the online community for a long time. I asked for some help in photomatching for my jersey as the photos i looked for had 2 people come to me to help. If i was looking to sell then i would have no problem compensating them.If its a personal item then if you and the other come to an agreement to give them money than thats up to them i think. If they tell you upfront they need said amount than at least you can say thanks or no thanks.
    I would love to be able to do it myself but alot of sites you have to have a comercial account or cost 200+ for 1 photo you cant even print out.

Sorry if this seems like i'm rambling.