Eric, if you don't feel this is appropriate for here, feel free to delete. I was wondering who everyone thinks is going to go into the HOF from the Vet's committee.

While I think several on this list deserve to be in the HOF, I can't point at any one player and say that I feel they WILL be chosen, especially since the big pushes for Minoso and Santo fell flat in the last few years.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

2007 VETERANS BALLOTS FINALIZED AS
SCREENING COMMITTEE COMPLETES SELECTIONS
27 players, 15 managers, executives, umpires featured on two ballots for Feb. 27 Election
(COOPERSTOWN, NY): Twenty-seven former major league players and 15 former managers, executives, and umpires comprise two ballots for the 2007 Hall of Fame Veterans Committee election, on which Veterans Committee members will cast their votes, with results to be announced on February 27. Any candidate(s) named on 75% of ballots cast will earn election and be honored in Cooperstown on July 29, during Hall of Fame Weekend, along with any candidate(s) named in the 2007 Baseball Writers’ Association of America (BBWAA) balloting, results to be announced January 9.

The final Players and Composite Ballots, to be voted upon by living Hall of Fame members, as well as the Ford C. Frick and J.G. Taylor Spink Award winners, currently a voting body of 84, as of today:
PLAYERS BALLOT (alphabetically)

Dick Allen
Joe Gordon
Roger Maris
Tony Oliva
Cecil Travis
Bobby Bonds
Gil Hodges
Carl Mays
Al Oliver
Mickey Vernon
Ken Boyer