I know we all have heard of and even experienced "horror" stories associated with our hobby but every now and again, something positive happens that helps us forget about all of the negativity. So, I figured that I'd share a "positive" story about the hobby.

As some of you are aware, a few weeks ago I picked up a 1969 Vikings jersey with a NFL 50th Anniversary patch on it. In short, it came with three (3) LOA's and after inspecting the jersey, I noticed it had some unique features - none of which were stated in any of the LOA's. So, I started digging around and reached out to a couple of collector friends who were gracious enough to steer me in the right direction.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=48776&page=2

After a couple of phone calls, I made arrangements to send the jersey to a gal who actually worked for the Vikings and who had a hand in personally altering the Vikings jerseys for Super Bowl IV. Today, I got the jersey back with a LOA which states in part, After careful examination of the Bob Grim white jersey, I can confirm it is an authentic game issued and game worn jersey. Most probably worn in Super Bowl 4. The letter goes on to say, another team-employee stopped by the shop and looked over the jersey and agreed with my thoughts and added the red stains are from field paint.

In closing, while I was inspecting the jersey, it wasn't any one feature that made the jersey special but when you put it all together, added-in some game footage and still images, what started out as a ordinary football jersey turned out to be very special indeed.

A special thanks to Andy and Chuck.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net