Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Photo-matched items in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by astros*bats
    Is anyone a member of the Wire Image site that NYG mentioned? There are a couple pictures that I need to photo match a jersey I have. I already have one picture from Getty but there are 2 or 3 different ones on Wire Image. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-AJ
    Wire Image looks affordable compared to Getty. Anyone care to pitch in and start a Game Used Forum account with them? (Hopefully, the folks from Wire aren't reading this.)

AJ, are your Getty images high res, printable files or were they saved straight from the site?

Jason

Banned

Jason-

The pics that I have from Getty are just saved from their site. You can easily match the jersey however I will look into the high resolution pics. I would be willing to throw in if some others would like to get an account. Good idea!

-AJ

Re: Photo-matching/Wire Image account

Quote Originally Posted by astros*bats
    Jason-

The pics that I have from Getty are just saved from their site. You can easily match the jersey however I will look into the high resolution pics. I would be willing to throw in if some others would like to get an account. Good idea!

-AJ
    AJ,

Here's what I'm thinking: Since you can purchase a membership for a single month, let's try and get some interest in buying a premium membership for one month. That would give us access to their whole database. For one month, whoever kicked in for the membership could share the account info and pull whatever photos they wanted. If anyone is seriously interested, I'd be willing to do this.

Jason

Re: Photo-matching/Wire Image account

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat
    AJ,

Here's what I'm thinking: Since you can purchase a membership for a single month, let's try and get some interest in buying a premium membership for one month. That would give us access to their whole database. For one month, whoever kicked in for the membership could share the account info and pull whatever photos they wanted. If anyone is seriously interested, I'd be willing to do this.

Jason
    I'm interested, let me know.

Thanks, Bobby

I would be interested as well guys. Please contact me at Gyro123@aol.com to discuss further. Thanks again, this sounds like a great idea

I would be interested in some type of arrangement to help. Thanks

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I happened to try using my account from a different computer and it wouldn't let me. Maybe it was a fluke but apparently they figured out a way to enforce their one account per person policy. That said, I wasn't too please with the size and quality of the pics. You really couldn't manipulate them in a way that would've provided decent details. Sorry about that to anyone who was interested.

BTW, the quality and size of the photos are very similar the AP. There's a college near me and their library computers are all linked up to the AP photo archive. Not surprisingly, it's a very large database. And it's free.

I collect mainly game used baseball bats. What I am trying to do is find pictures on the internet of players using the bat model in which I have and printing an 8x10 to display next to the bat I was wondering if you would be able to tell me what resolution and pixel size are nec. for pictures to be made into in-focus, non- grainy, quality 8x10 prints. I was hoping you were onto something with WireImage. I would save the pics to my computer and then burn them to disc and have them printed out using a Kodak Picture Maker or at Costco but I do not know if there pics would be the right size to do that properly. Any recommendations? Thanks so much- George

I know these players aren't as big as some of the players others have listed but I really enjoy trying to photo match all of my game used items. I have been able to photomatch 2 Justin Morneau jerseys to photos on Getty as well as a Jonathan Papelbon fielding glove to his Sarasota baseball card. A Jon Lester Fielding Glove to his JUST autographed card. Finally I have been able to photo match several Dustin Pedroia to his Portland Sea Dogs card including his batting helmet, jersey, pants and bat. Obviously the jersey, pants and helmet were easy because it was the only helmet and 1 of 2 home jerseys he used but I thought the bat was really exciting when it matched 1 of the 2 bats of his I have.
    Thanks
    Scott

Question - when you guys say photo matched are you saying that there is a pic that shows the same model or type or are you saying that the bat, jersey you have is EXACTLY the same one pictured?