Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Another Titans helmet - "#72" - I have a date code too (I think?) - Can anyone help?

Hey guys,

Another week, another helmet! (ha kidding, well kinda!)

Well, a buddy found a game used Titans helmet on craigslist and forwarded it to me, and I managed to contact the seller to obtain a few pictures. This guy I believe is not a collector AT ALL but I did manage to get info from him.

He said he had obtained it at a business conference, and everything looks VERY similar to my Eddie George game worn helmet.

So I guess my questions are:

1. What does the date code (I assume it's a date code) on the facemask "74910" mean? I do know how to date a helmet/facemask based on the 3-letter code, but am not familiar with the number codes.

2. I see the "72" sticker inside the helmet, but is the "D" written/stamped next to it indicate it's for a defensive player? Or am I missing something?

Any help is much appreciated - I've learned a lot in a short amount of time due to the great knowledge on this forum, but want to make sure I keep learning and not shooting myself in the foot. Because you know what happens when you "assume"...
    Attached Images Attached Images