Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
There is no stretch at all on this jersey that would do it any harm. There is a cut out piece of cardboard inside the jersey that shapes it then it is laid in the glass. I've never heard anyone on the planet say that framing a jersey actually damages it. But you are entitled to your opinion.
I used to collect authentic jerseys that I would get signed and framed similar to what you have but one sided only. After I quit collecting game authentic jerseys and moved to game worn I attempted to remove a Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu jersey, and Evgeni Malkin jersey from similar style frames that were framed for a little over 2 years. There were numerous hidden pins (it looks like your sleeves are pinned to shrink the size) that cause noticeable damage to the jerseys along with the fact that the cardboard/matt-board was NOT acid free and yellowed and bled onto my white jerseys and discolored my dark jerseys. I now use the following frames as they can easily be removed, rotated, and laid flat to avoid damage. Yes we have different opinions, but most of those stretch wrinkles would concern me as they would NEVER be present if the jersey was naturally hanging.

http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/j...play-case.html

The circles under the armpit areas scream that the jersey is being pulled and stretched. The way it's framed, you can't just pull out the jersey to check out the current state. Again, I'm only pointing this out because IMO if you leave it as is, there will be a risk of permanent damage the longer you keep it framed like that. A D. Sedin Finals jersey is one of those types of jerseys you want to keep pristine and be able to monitor and check out the state over the years. There is a reason why you never see jerseys framed like that in a museum or even in the majority of private collections. I like to think of this kind of frame as a set it and forget it frame for authentic signed jersey and not for historic game worn pieces.