Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: MEARS Practices

Hybrid View

Re: MEARS Practices

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Tella, One thing you need to remember is that Mears Auction items do not get the full Mears expert authentication. Even as such, most modern basketball jerseys would only get a score of 5 on their grading scale. I'm pretty sure that most items they, or any other auction house lists, are predominately driven by what the consignor tells them the item is.

I appreciate your openness in the descriptions and hoping that it may have been mislabeled on the LAO. Mears as a business likely would have loved to sell the item based on your hops, but they need to cover their own butts once the item is questioned. You can't blame them for that (although not notifying you is a slip up).

Glad you got the item pulled and will have it back to sell on your own. Look up earlier stories of items in which Mears did alot of research on and then requested payment for their efforts after the items were found to be fakes.
    The biggest thing is I want it to be know that this jersey is in the exact same condition now as it was prior to purchase. I have no problem showing pictures or anything else to let that be known. I have no ill will towards MEARS - I'm just baffled by the opinion of someone that knows nothing about the jersey is treated as if their opinion is fact. It is what it is - I bought it as issued and when I received it I felt it showed wear so I sent it in. Being told it isn't worn doesn't bother me and that's what I told Troy.

Re: MEARS Practices

I apologize if this post is off-topic. I seem to remember a company that customized authentic NBA jerseys. Same jerseys that the players wore. Same specifications as NBA gamers. Mfg, size and all. I'm not a smart man, but that can't be classified as "team issue", correct?