I just returned from the Valley Forge Show in Valley Forge, Pa. (formerly, and certainly a heck of lot better, known as the Philly Show) with a friend of almost 40 years. We met in the mid 1970's and have been involved in the hobby ever since.

On our way home I asked Duane how many people walking the aisles at the show were UNDER the age of 50? My point being, once us "old timers" are gone, who will be the core of sports card hobby, and, what will happen to the current pricing structure if there isn't much interest? It doesn't take much thought to figure out what will happen to card prices - so is it now time to sell / get out of the hobby while card prices are still high?

What about the game used sector of the hobby? Duane and I fall into this category more than any other area of the hobby. Since there are very little opportunities to buy game used items at these shows, or at least opportunities to purchase realistically priced items, what is the age group that makes up the majority of the game used sector?

I'd be interested to find out from other hobbyists as to what direction this hobby is going. Is it headed towards extinction or is it moving strongly into the future?