All -

Just came home from Coors Field (if you haven't seen the news from Denver, there is a major brewhaha coming between ownership and the fans)...

That said, apparently the Pirates (in Denver this weekend) filed a grievance with the MLBPA over the Rockies' policy that does not allow cabs or limos to drive players into the back lot.

The players had to get out at the gate and walk in. Now, as of 6:05pm MDT last night, MLB sent a memo to ALL 30 teams that they must now allow any vehicle carrying an MLB Player or MLB personnel who can provide valid MLB ID to drive into the stadium lots.

Not sure how the other stadiums work, but this will kill a large amount of autographing at Coors Field as they already limit when you can go down to the wall area - no one near the dugout unless your tickets are in the 1st ten rows, etc, etc.

The Rockies also instituted (and tried to lay the blame on the Twins) a new policy on being behind Home Plate on Sundays. On Sunday home games, at Coors Field if you have a Wheel Chair or WC Companion ticket (I'm a disabled vet) then you can go behind home plate on those Sundays. When the Twins were here, we were told that we could not talk to or call out to the players (i.e. ask for autographs) because it was a 'special BP for the Twins' (laying blame on the Twins).

I finally got Ron Gardenhire's attention (we've met before - he does a lot for Vets and the Military) and he came over and mentioned how quiet we all were. When I said we were told we couldn't talk to them (unless they initiated the conversation), he asked who told us that. We told him the Rockies said it was a Special BP and he said they didn't tell the Rockies we couldn't talk to them.

When I asked the Rockies before we went on field what would happen if I said hi to Ron (he told me to call to him and he would come over) I was told I would be asked to leave and I would be banned form anymore Sunday pregames on the field.

Great Fan Experience Rockies....