I just received this email from the Diamondbacks.

When it gets to the point where I have to start taking off my shoes, I guess I'll be watching ALL the games on my big screen and buying my bobbleheads on eBay.

Arizona Diamondbacks Security Advisory Enhanced security measures, in compliance with Major League Baseball's league-wide security initiative, will require all guests to walk through metal detectors upon entrance to Chase Field starting April 3, 2015.

As you approach your gate, your ticket will be scanned. You will then be instructed to remove your cell phone and large metal objects and place in a bin on a table, along with your personal handbag or backpack. Pocket change will not be required to be put into the bin. Security will then check any bags and ask you to proceed through the metal detector.

The Arizona Diamondbacks strongly encourage fans to arrive to the ballpark early. While we are making every effort to ensure this procedure does not slow down entrance, we want to be sure you have ample time for security detection.

Thank you for your support! For more information, please visit dbacks.com/security.