Just wanted some opinions and feedback about something I noticed at the Mets Marlins game tonight.

I'm a very patient person when it comes to kids. I understand young ones need to get up and stretch and want to go to the bathroom or get a souvenir or food on their own time table, without concern of the actual events playing out on the field. Seeing a dad and his daughter wearing a huge ice cream covered smile walking up the aisle and blocking my view for a few seconds makes me happy, knowing this is a memory they will enjoy as all too rare Daddy-Daughter time for years to come. However.....

When did it become ok for people to get up, walk about the stands with no purpose, stand around aisles and steps, blocking the view of literally dozens of people from seeing the action of the game? Is this really accepted and tolerated behavior from people in their 20s, 30s and 40s now at MLB games?

To wit: At ALL Canadian sporting events (ESPECIALLY) Hockey, there are ushers who block people from walking to their seats while the game is going on. Then during whistles, they rush to their seats to avoid blocking the other spectators from seeing the game! I did not see a single usher at the game tonight. Enormous behinds jabbering on their cell phones, grown people taking "selfies" during an at bat, mid aisle with the player batting in the background obscuring the batter for at least 3 pitches to get the perfect shot and people with no purpose or destination meadering like drunk cows, I saw plenty of.

(Full disclosure, these aimless idiots cost me a ball tonight. I was blocked from seeing the batter, caught the ball late, it bounced off a sign, my glove and the floor before another fan grabbed it. He was waiting 50 seasons for it, so I felt less cheated but still....watch the game or piss off!)

So am I just being a bitter cranky old man or are people at your ballpark in their selfish little bubble and there for seemingly everything but the actual game?