Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: eBay seller duddyrpm

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslynch View Post
    he started to get real defensive and even told me they were consignments....
    Consignments? But he said in the listing that he paid $750 and his loss is my gain.

What a hoot.

I know of the owner of some of the other items being sold by this seller (specifically a jersey and a bat that are listed). This individual has had various eBay names over the past few years for good reason. The seller himself seems to specialize in records, not sports memorabilia. I believe it is possible these things are being listed under an account that is not the actual owner of the items account. Coincidentally the last account name the owner had that I know of was a phone # beginning with "7" and ending with "7". If you look at the bidder's name on the Wieters helmet it is "7***7". It's possible that he is also bidding up his own items.

In fact 7***7 has bid on 5 of this sellers items.

Bump ( he is still active and has hats up on ebay) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Randy-Joh...-/132411978324

If you compare his hat to a real johnson rookie hat its much bigger and 5 is wrong. I messaged him but his history reveals his true motives.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Seriously i was going to post about this seller. Please be aware of what you are buying. He seems to have an endless supply of supposed game worn caps. All are star caliber players. Most caps have FRESH SHARPIE numbers. Most are not even the right size for the player. People are spending hundreds and getting taken to the cleaners.

Look at the Pete Rose

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pete-Rose-C...QAAOSwxzdaHgro

Mark McGwire
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-McGwir...cAAOSwCcZaHgvh

This is just a sampling.

So disgusting what people will do to make a dollar.

I had to laugh at the last sentence...I have a friend who is a Pete Rose fan and was looking at this cap...I told him that he might want to hold his powder for a bit...

Item is priced to sell so my loss is your gain. I’m trying to get my son some stuff he’s more interested in for Christmas

All sales final and no returns on game used items due to fraud. I can't guarantee I'll get back my same item!

This is getting rediculous.

Supposed Ozzie Smith
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozzie-Smith...p2047675.l2557

Hi.......just wondering what caps are of most concern regarding cap sizes? It seems the majority of them fall within the proper cap size . For example, Randy Johnson wore size 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 during his career. Ozzie Smith wore size 7, 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. Mark McGwire wore size 7 3/8, 7 1/2, and 7 5/8. Also concerning player ID, players as well as equipment managers were the ones responsible for locating names, numbers, etc. inside the caps.

Ozzie Smith on occasion had "OZ" inside his cap. There is a Donruss and a Fleer baseball card of him showing the underside of his Cardinals cap where you can clearly see the "OZ" under the number "1". Mark McGwire caps can be found with "MAC"inside and Barry Bonds caps can be found with "BONDS" inside.

Look.......bottom line is R E S E A RC H !!! I have said this numerous times on here. Resources are available for people as reference. If you want to know what teams a player played for..........what sizes he wore.........what manufacturers made the caps, what ID is most common inside the caps, etc...., then you should make an effort to find out these things. Look at the inventory of major auction houses and see what they are offering. This can be a major source of valuable information.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

Walt,

I have done my research, that is why the seller in question was called out and I called out the caps that i had proof on.

While auction houses are good for information not all auction houses are legit.

Also this is not the first time this seller has tried to deceive.

Also FYI if the seller had nothing to hide why did he end all his auctions and make his profile private ? Sounds fishy to me.