I did not see a thread specifically for this so I started this one.

I recently had need of the help of the good folks at MLB Authentication and wanted to let you know about my fantastic experience. Feel free to share your stories about MLB Experiences.

I was doing a semi regular search for Royals GU items on eBay and found a ball with the wrong Authentication information on it. It was Authenticated as a single but the actual play was never scored as a single, it was scored as a ground out/force out. I sent an email to authentication@website.mlb.com and explained the error to them. Less than 5 days later I got a reply saying they looked at the scoring and agreed with me on the error. They fixed it in their database and everything is now good. Those 5 days included a weekend and the New Years Holliday. Big Kudos to the people at MLB Authentication for their quick action on this.

Though, unfortunately for the eBay seller he bought it as a single to resell and now it's just a ground out/force out ball that is worth less than what he paid for it but the auction information did get revised to reflect the changes.

Anyone else have good or bad experiences with MLB Authentication people?