This may sound like an odd question but perhaps someone has some experience or knowledge about photomatching to pinstripes.

I have recently come across a 1992 pinstriped jersey. It's a set 2 and, from the dealer's photos, appears to show very little to no use. The 100% poly tag is perfectly flat and crisp. I initially thought that the player just chose to use the set 1 for most, if not the entire, season.
I have also found a getty photo of the player in 1992.
The pinstripes line up with the number on the front in exactly the same places in both the getty photo and the dealer photo. That is, it appears to be an actual photomatch.

My question: What are the odds that 2 jerseys (his set 1 and 2 in 1992) would have the front number sewn on in exactly the same place?
(By 'exactly', I mean 3 pinstripes hit the front number in identical spots).

I'm trying to figure out if there is a good chance that the Getty photo is showing him in his set 1. If the odds are very slim, then it means the Getty photo is showing him in this set 2 jersey. If the odds are very likely, then the getty photo probably is showing him in his set 1 and the set 2 I've come across didn't get used.

thanks,

Rudy.