Hey everyone

I just wanted to post a comment regarding the way we go about questioning items around here. I think an essential part of calling an item into question has to include making an attempt to talk to the seller.

There are many reasons for this- inconsistencies in tagging, lettering and tailoring are the only consistent thing in collecting game used items. There are variations in everything, and there may be an explanation for it once you pose the question to the seller.

It's also about respect. It is not fair to post a negative statement here about someone's business practices without posing the question to them first. You wouldn't want to done about you, so you owe others that same respect.

I had a very nice conversation with Rich Russek at Grey Flannel yesterday. He said he thought the forum was a definite asset to the hobby. He also said he wished many times that people asked him questions before coming on here and calling something of his sketchy.

Rich said he is available to answer questions from people at the Grey Flannel offices, and is always willing to help clear up any issues with their products.

Some might say, "Why doesn't he come on the forum and answer the posts personally?"

He, and any other dealer/authenticator/company is under no obligation to appear here. It wouldn't be fair to judge someone on that. However, sellers need to make themselves available to their consumers and Mr. Russek has offered to do so.

I suggest people take advantage of this with Grey Flannel and any other company questioned around here and feel free to report on their experiences.

Eric