I recently purchased a bat on eBay that I don't believe was described accurately, and after receiving it, I shared my concerns with the seller. Here is the eBay description and the photo that was included (underlining added by me):

You are bidding on a signed game used bat from Kerry Robinson. It's a red colored Louisville Slugger Model I13. It has the players name and team name engraved and is signed boldly in blue sharpie. This bat was used by, obtained from, and signed by the player listed above. Check out the scan! All bats are GAME USED meaning they have ball marks, dirt, pine tar, tape, etc. This bat has a crack in the barrel and handle and was glued back together profesionally. Shipping is $13.50 per bat in the US. Sorry, no shipping outside the US. I have a huge collection of game used bats so please check out my other auctions, as I'm planning to list approximately 130 in the next few weeks. Further pictures are available upon request. Don't miss your chance to own something used by your favorite player!

Here are photos of the bat I received:

I contacted the seller and told him the bat was used by a player other than Robinson (Kerry wore #13 and #0; #29 was Stubby Clapp in 2001); that I don't consider a bat broken in three pieces to have "a crack in the barrel and handle;" and that I don't consider a repair with gaps and raised edges to be "professional."

He replied that the bat was used by both Robinson and Clapp; that his description of the crack was accurate; and that the repair was done by a "woodworker/shop foreman." He suggested that in the future, a buyer like me with "specific condition requirements" ask questions and request more photos.

Whether the omissions were intentional or not, the fact remains that the bat has another player's number on it and it was broken in three pieces before being "repaired." It's also my opinion that the repair is below average.

My unhappiness has little to do with the money. The bat was $37 plus $16.50 shipping. It's the principle of the thing.

Am I wrong to be disappointed with this bat/transaction? How would you handle this situation if you were me (I have not left feedback yet on eBay)? Knowing my unhappiness with the transaction, what would you do if you were the seller?

Also, for the record, what's your definition of "cracked?" Is that word adequate to describe a bat that is or has been in two or more pieces?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.